Thesis Show PAPER CLAY
Thesis Menu Page
This image shows the orientation
of the structure in the Haynes Fine Arts Gallery.
"Sanctuary" was built between August 1993 to April 1994. It was a structure
nearly eight feet tall and covered over 265 square feet.
It was installed in the Haynes Fine Arts Gallery on the Montana State
University campus over a three day period beginning April 15, 1994.
I have a limited record of the exhibit - it was destroyed shortly after
the show. My fellow grad students and friends helped me over
those few days, and my gratitude extends to you all, thank you!
Also, special thanks to Rayovac Corporation for donating the keen flashlights.
Would you like to read my
Begin Tour 30K
OR. . .visit sites directly:
- This is an example of the exterior texture,
south side. 30K
- Here, on the southwest side, participants
entered the area through a swivel door. 38K
- Detail, exterior. 36K
- This is the Entrance Hall, facing toward the
unseen entranceway. 31K
- The Pillar Room. 46K
- The Pillar Room, Detail. 8K
- The Pillar Room, Detail. 27K
- Toward the Back Room (In fact, the area was
completely dark in this area of the structure. 41K
- Toward the Back Room (exaggerated lighting
- The Back Room floor, "Elements", Detail.
Mt Jumbo Ceramic Studio|
Mail Art |
New Art |
Search this Site |
Slide Show |
Art Archives |
All images and backgrounds ©
the original owner or Susan R. Robinson, 2005
Any copying or reproduction is explicitly prohibited.
Send comments/suggestions to
Last update: August, 2005 - Milwaukee, WI
Page Originally Created, Kansas State University,
Manhattan, Kansas, 1994